The Essentials Bundle
With this video bundle, you get all of the releases that set you up for success with learning about 3D modeling. First you'll go through Foundations to learn the basic tools that make up 3D modeling. Next, you'll put those tools into action with Sketch to Model. Third, you'll learn all about more advanced surface generation in Surfacing. Then, I give you an overview of what it takes to make an effective rendering in Intro to Rendering. Finally...whew...You can take your designs one step further by learning about 3D printing and laser cutting so you can hold your design in your hand with Output!
This bundle includes:
The most valuable lessons into one giant package for you to enjoy all in one place. This is everything you need to get off the ground with a solid understanding of the principles of 3D modeling.
The videos have been sectioned off into 6 main categories to help you watch and learn. They include:
- Level 1 – PreFlight (8 videos, 1 model)
- Level 2 – Objects (10 videos, 1 model)
- Level 3 – Modifiers (8 videos, 1 model)
- Level 4 – Surfacing (8 videos, 1 model)
- Level 5 – I/O (8 videos, 1 model, 1 underlay)
- Level 6 – Meta (10 videos)
Sketch to Model will show you the ins and outs of how to take a concept from rough drawing to finished model in 3D space.
- Concept sketches
- Concept refinement
- Underlay preparation
- Importing underlays
- Drawing initial curves
- Modeling surfaces
- Detailing and finish
In surfacing, these three videos will walk you through the complete process for dynamic surface generation and get you well on your way to creating amazing surfaces for your models.
- The Importance of Surfaces
- Types of Surfaces
- “Road Mapping”
- Underlay Importing
- Curve Extraction
- Surface Generation
- Surface Detailing
Introduction to Rendering is a series of videos that will get you up on your feet understanding the basics of rendering.
Here's how this series breaks down:
- Elements of Rendering - Exploring the 5 key elements that make a rendering.
- Environment - Looking at the virtual space that contains the rendering.
- Lights - An overview of the types of lighting that can be used to build out the scene.
- Objects - What types of objects work well and how they can be optimized for rendering.
- Materials - An exploration in what it takes to build a recipe for a great material and the different characteristics that make a material what it is.
- Camera - Taking a moment to understand how a virtual camera works and what it is and how you can set one up.
- Setting Up - This video is all about setting up the the elements mentioned above in a way that helps you set up for success when creating your final render.
- Bringing it all together - The moment of truth! After setting up the render, it's time to hit that render button and then export your render for post work to give it a nice polish.
The run time on this introductory series is 104 minutes of awesome learning material for anyone that wants to learn the basics of rendering 3D models.
This two part video set entitled “Output” will walk you through the ins and outs of preparing a model for rapid prototyping. Whether your just curious about 3D printing technologies like MakerBot or have a model you want to actually hold in your hands, this video is for you!
- Vendor Selection
- Model Analysis
- Solid or Hollow?
- Scale and Cost
- Preparing for 3D Printing
- Preparing for Laser Cutting
- Machines in Action
Total Run time: 12.25 hours of awesome instruction!
Includes Foundations, Sketch to Model, Surfacing, Output, and the Intro to Rendering series! All this for $60 (a $100 value! That's 40% off)!
Be a better designer.